Wednesday, August 27, 2008

LPGA--Speak English or Goodbye

The LPGA is telling it's golfers that they must be able to communicate effectively in English by 2009 or be suspended. I'd like to see the CEO of the LPGA go to work for some of our utility companies.

When I try to reach a Bell telephone rep I'm just as likely to reach someone in Quebec or India who, though they speak halting English, are terribly difficult for me to understand. I waste a lot of time and patience trying to get or give information.

If a golfer has to speak fluent English I don't see why Canadian utility representatives are allowed to get by with such sparse ability. The last time I spoke with a Bell rep he was in India and, even though he was trying his best to speak English, it was agony for me to understand a word he was saying. I felt very sorry for him but ended up being sick to death of Bell Canada. Yes, that was "Bell CANADA"!

No comments: