Tuesday, September 16, 2008

AIG Policy Holder

I don't pay too much attention to politics or financial ups and downs but it's hard to ignore what's happening these days. The bankruptcy of huge financial institutions in the States gives a true picture of the dire straits we're in and when AIG was mentioned as another insurance company in trouble that really got my attention. You see, AIG is the company insuring me for my winter in Florida.

I've researched on the internet and it seems that AIG might not be able to honor insurance claims so where does that leave me? Should I drive off to Florida hoping I'm still covered by AIG or take out insurance with another company? Mind you, my problem is minor compared to the people who have their life's savings tied up in AIG but I still need to get some straight answers.

These are strange times. I think I've read that the stock market usually falls during a U.S. election year probably because of the insecurity over who will be in power. Well, the stock market has taken a nosedive this time and sometimes, as when a jet plane loses power and goes belly up, it crashes. Let's hope this isn't what's happening or we're all in trouble.

No comments: