Thursday, September 18, 2008

Baby's Safe

My baby (44 years old but will always be my baby) is safely back home on U.S. soil. The relief is palpable. I could feel my body relaxing as I read her blog that she'd arrived in the States with no unexpected disasters along the way.

She and my other children and grandchildren will always give me some cause for worry so I know the euphoric feeling I have right now won't last. Unless you have no children, family, or close friends, someone will always give you reason to worry about them. Every once in a while I think how nice it would be to never have had this worrisome family and then I think of all the joy I would have missed out on without them. Damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Now that this disturbing episode is over I can concentrate on my next project. I've been putting jewellery together and looking for a craft sale to sell it in and now I have one. It's on October 19th, just one week before I leave for Florida so the timing is perfect. I've had a lot of fun getting into this latest interest so now we'll see if it can pay off, too. I think I jump around from interest to interest so much because my concentration and boredom level is low. Thank heavens for the endless directions I'm able to follow.

I got the rugs cleaned yesterday so today I put things back where they belong and dispose of things that shouldn't have been there in the first place. I definitely have too much "stuff".

No comments: