Saturday, September 27, 2008

Today's Problem

The motor on my clothes dryer burned out. The good news is that the dryer is fairly old and it waited until the finish of my last load before making weird noises and emitting burnt smells. Then it just died.

The bad news is that this is going to cost me money. The good news is that my grandson just moved into his new house where there already is a dryer and he has a fairly new one from his old house that he needs to sell.

The bad news is that he needs to find a vehicle to bring it to my house but the good news is that he and his hulking brother will soon cart it over and even install it.

Life is full of both bad news and good news. Nothing comes without a price and, if you're lucky, the price is worth the aggravation.

I've been watching the news about the gas shortages in the States and they seem to follow the route I'll be taking when I leave for Florida next month. It's expected that gas shortages will decrease over the next week so I'm hoping I'll be safe.

I've often wondered what it would be like to have a perfect day where everything went well and there were no worries on the horizon. It got me wondering if everyone, everywhere, lives in a state of constant stress. I know many people live stressful lives the like of which I can't even imagine but is life a struggle for every single living creature? Is it even possible to have a perfect day?

I spoke to a friend yesterday who has much more stress in her life than I do and I mentioned to her that she always seems happy because she has a positive attitude about life. She said that when life becomes too tumultuous she takes the dog for a walk. There's more to it than that, though. She has a good, kind heart which helps her deal with difficulties.

I'm more of a "life goes on" sort of person and I'm able to put my problems in perspective and then move on. A broken dryer...well, there are certainly worse things to worry about, right?

No comments: