Sunday, September 28, 2008

Paul Newman is Gone

It seems I've been in love with Paul Newman all of my life so it's very sad to see he has passed away. The man had it all...good looks, talent, and a decent marrage. He lived into his 80's and, even though an actor, never seemed to get any bad press. To all appearances he was a good man and that's one heck of a compliment for anyone.

I remember seeing the movie "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" and lusting after him then. He was the sort of movie star that you actually liked and even though my delicate young heart did indeed lust after him, I also would have loved it just to be his friend.

We have many actors and actresses today that are called "stars" but they don't measure up to the Paul Newmans in the industry. I sometimes think Hollywood has forgotten what constitutes a "star". But we know one when we see one and Paul Newman was a true star.

I'm sorry to hear of his passing but I'm so glad he had a full and happy life.



No comments: