Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tweety Bird

My sister bought me a Tweety Bird wrist watch for my birthday and it makes me smile every time I look at it. On Sunday she dragged me into a store in the mall that sells Tweety Bird, among others, house keys because she wants to get me one for Xmas. They also sell Elvis keys and she thought I might choose that but it seems I like Tweety more than Elvis. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the key because I'm having trouble with my front door lock and might need to replace it. That can wait till Spring.

How do I describe what I like about Tweety Bird? It might be a "he" but I like to think of it as a "her"...maybe identifying? Tweety is soft and sweet but with a will of iron and I admire that. I wonder if the cartoon characters we tend to like are just extensions of ourselves? It might behoove us to find out our significant other's cartoon preference before committing to a serious relationship. This bears thinking about.

No comments: