Thursday, October 23, 2008

Being Tested

The problems I've had these last few years have certainly been sent to test my mental strength. I've had my house torn apart in both poor and better renovations, squirrels in the attic, falling bathroom tile, daughter's car accident, etc., etc. etc. I think I've come through these setbacks pretty well. I just wish there was an end to them, though.

I took my car into the shop for a final oil change and check-up only to find that I've been driving without airbags for the past 6 years. They thought that only the module was defective but, after replacing it, I still have no operational airbags so now the whole system has to be replaced. This costs a lot of money and I've already spent almost $1,500.00 on paint and minor repairs on the car this year. This is getting to be a bit much for a 7 year old car even though I do plan to keep it for another couple of years.

My good nature really is being sorely tested. I'm still smiling but it's forced and I'm not crying yet but my heart is sore. My motto has changed from "It could be worse" to "This too shall pass". No matter what, we carry on and do the best we can.

Today I go for a little pampering by having a pedicure. I derserve it.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Oh man! Yes, you do deserve the pampering! Enjoy yourself and come on down (with seat belt securely fastened) for some more pampering via Shelley!