Sunday, October 19, 2008

Jewellery Bust

Well, the craft show I was so anxious to sell my jewellery at was today and it wasn't very successful. The building was difficult to find and the signs put up to direct people there were too small to read. I ended up selling 2 necklaces so I made more than enough to cover the table rental but I know there were people there who never sold a thing. It's possible only about a dozen customers showed up and we had 22 tables filled to overflowing with some very nice crafts.

Kim, Faye, and I would have been terribly bored if we didn't have each other to gab and joke with. I felt bad for the lady who organized the event because I know she worked awfully hard but it really wasn't well organized. The building was very nice with loads of parking but it's set way back in a neighborhood filled with single family homes. I'm sure no-one could find us.

I was thrilled to death to sell the 2 necklaces to one lady because she made my day. We closed up shop around 3:30 P.M. instead of waiting till the scheduled closing time of 5 P.M. We would have left earlier but I just felt too sorry for the organizer and didn't want to embarrass her.

This show was supposed to be a training ground for me to find out if I had my merchandise priced correctly. Apparently the glass pendants were priced okay but no-one looked too closely at the sterling ones...maybe because they were priced too high. Live and learn, I guess. I'll just chalk it up to one more new experience and go on from here.

No comments: