Thursday, October 09, 2008

Warm Puppy

Now that the days are growing cooler and I have a tendency to go barefoot, it's kind of nice to have a nice warm puppy always laying at my feet. Baker is reclusive and either sleeps all day under the sofa or in her cage but Bailey is more sociable and likes to sleep at my feet. The minute I stand up and move away she comes to life and follows me, hoping I'm going to do something interesting.

House dogs really have a boring life so any new movement or activity excites them. Going out to pee is the highlight of their day because they get to tear ass out of the house and chase all sorts of imaginary invaders out of the yard. Heaven help any slow squirrels or wandering cats because these little dogs would make mince meat of them. I worry about that every time I let them outside.

Because their first destination when they leave the door is straight to the grassless area at the back of the yard, they return with dirty paws which need cleaning before I can let them in. Bailey stands obediently still for cleaning but will run away if I let go of her. Baker comes into the house and immediately throws herself on her back so I can easily wipe her feet. They're so cute in their unique ways.

Their mother comes home on Monday and will take my furry friends home with her then. I'll miss them, but not enough to get one of my own. It's more fun and convenient for me to borrow these little girls from time to time.

No comments: