Sunday, November 16, 2008

Impatient With Computer Speed

Last summer I got my home computer connected to high speed cable and my impatience level dropped dramatically. Here at the trailer, I'm stuck with not only dial-up but also the dreaded AOL. My impatience level has soared to new highs.

Quite often I'll click on a page renewal and then go to the bathroom, make a coffee or even do a little housework before returning to the computer and hoping the page has loaded. It is very often that slow. Listing items to sell on Ebay has driven me to cursing like a sailor.

AOL is pathetic. If I'm on the computer for an hour you can bet my connection will be lost at least once. I suppose the ancient telephone lines in this park are partially to blame but I know there'll be no reprieve...ever! I just have to talk my blood pressure down and walk away for a few minutes. Then hope I'll see a new page on the computer when I return.

I know I'll be giddy with the sense of speed when I get back home in April to my high speed server. It's something to look forward to.

No comments: