Friday, November 28, 2008

The Whammy

We play board or card games here in the park most evenings and I think I tend to win a lot...not often when the game is Bingo, though. Last night four of us went over to the darkened clubhouse (very rare but the huge Thanksgiving dinner we'd all consumed must have made people tired), lit the place up and spent the evening playing "31".

We play for nickles and mine are in a little black bag about the size of a blackjack (I think that's what they're called. It's something you wonk a person over the head with if you want to knock them out). Anyway, mine had gotten so full of my winnings that I had trouble tying it closed so I'd taken about $5 worth out to make room for new winnings. Of course I told my friends this and they vowed I wouldn't win any more.

They put the whammy on me. Picture this...an otherwise empty clubhouse with 4 ladies of advanced years sitting at a table. 3 of them are wiggling their fingers at the 4th (me) and sending "loser" vibes. Joann was even hissing as she wiggled. If anyone had looked in the window they would have thought we were holding Satanic rituals.

All their efforts failed and I went home with maybe $1 more than I'd gone there with. I tell them I win because I live a pure life but they don't believe me.

Anyway, we laughed all evening and that's what's really important.

No comments: