Saturday, December 27, 2008

Feeling Much Better

I'm still awfully stuffed up in the sinuses but I really do feel much better. I passed on coffee and donuts at the clubhouse this morning and decided to get some cleaning done in the trailer. I've done nothing but wash the occasional dish for the past week.

I started a wash and then began cleaning and straightening the Florida Room. I really need to get rid of more stuff from there but it all appears to be stuff I can't live without. Can it be? I then took down all the Xmas decorations...didn't take much time...and swept the floor. It's hard to believe how much sand gets tracked into the house even when we remove our shoes before entering.

It was lovely and warm but with a nice breeze so I hung part of my laundery on the line. Some things had to go in the dryer but I was lucky enough to get the one good dryer we have. It's the oldest and cheapest one.

By 1 P.M. I was lounging at the pool.

It wasn't long before our table filled up with friends and we had a good gab session. I didn't go into the pool because my cold isn't completely gone yet. The water temperature was 88 degrees but the warm air had a bit of a bite in the breeze.

Oh yes, my daughter phoned me to say her brother-in-law had suffered a heart attack this morning and isn't doing well. He's only 45 years old. There are no guarantees in life and that's why we should treasure every day we live and not take life for granted. Unfortunately, we don't usually learn that lesson until well into old age.

This day I've been given and enjoyed isn't over yet. A gang of us are going over to the clubhouse at 7 P.M. to socialize and play "31"...also known as "Scat". Whether any of us win or lose doesn't matter. What does matter is how much laughter and how many smiles can be produced.

No comments: