Sunday, January 04, 2009

Kicking The Cold

I am having one heck of a time trying to get rid of this cold. It seems to bounce from my chest to my sinuses and make me feel like hell.

Yesterday I thought I was well on the mend but during the night my sinuses started to hurt enough to keep me from sleeping and my nose ran all night, too. I didn't go for our Sunday breakfast this morning but crawled back into bed and slept till noon. This is definitely unlike me. Now I feel pretty good but the way this cold is dragging on worries me.

I'm taking Tylenol sinus medication, Mucinex DM for the chest congestion, but not at the same time. Since I hate taking medication of any kind, this shows how bad my cold has been. I've had this cold for 12 days and am at the point of considering seeing a doctor. The cruise is in 2 weeks and I sure don't want to be sick then.

This particular strain of cold is making the rounds here in Florida because a lot of people have it. It's just a little harder on us old folk.

The weather outside is absolutely beautiful...hot and sunny...so I think I'll drag my cold riddled body up to the pool to sunbathe. I feel good, just a little congested in the sinuses right now.

No comments: