Friday, January 30, 2009

Raining in Florida

We are so spoiled. Most of the country is suffering from excess snow and rain and here I am half complaining because my usual bright, sunny, and warm days is being blighted by a few, much needed showers.

Yes, it does rain in Florida in the winter, but not very often. Very often, it becomes so dry that it causes brush fires to break out so the occasional rain is welcome. It's another excuse for a shopping day.

Mary and I had planned to go to Downtown Disney with a friend who gets a 40% discount there but the rain has changed our plans. Instead we'll go shopping for new earrings for me (mine broke), a steam mop (I've wanted one since I first saw them advertised on T.V.), and whatever else catches our eyes. Lunch out, of course.

My granddaughter, Lisette, is in town and we're taking her out for dinner tonight...hoping her father can join us, too. Lisette has been accepted at 4 universities in Florida but has to audition at each of them to see which drama program will accept her, too. She's an aspiring actress, singer, and saver of the world and I know she'll excel at whatever she chooses to do with her life. How wonderful to have your whole life ahead of you and a million paths to choose! My biggest regret in life is that I never had the chance to attend university. Laziness, stupidity, and pregnancy got in the way.

Well, like I said, it's raining in Florida today and we're going shopping. Life could sure be worse, couldn't it?

1 comment:

Kim said...

Squeeze that girl extra hard for me. I am so proud of her and excited to watch her world unfold.