Sunday, February 01, 2009

Canadian National Anthem Cancelled in New Brunswick School

All of my life I've been aware that Canadians are not as patriotic as the Americans and here is a good example of why that is true.

One of the schools in New Brunswick no longer starts it's day with the singing of O Canada. Why?? Because the parents of some of the students have convinced the fat headed principal that if it somehow offends their beliefs then none of the students should sing it. Who are these parents? What is their nationality? Why are they living in Canada and partaking of the benefits provided by Canadian taxpayers?

Too many times the act of being "politically correct" and trying to please small groups of people becomes a form of highway robbery to the majority. The principal of this school has made the choice to make a few parents (obviously not good Canadians) happy at the expense of the majority. The principal should be fired.

Patriotism can be a positive thing. Everyone should be encouraged to love their country and work to make it better. I remember singing the national anthem at the start of my school day and I still remember the feeling of pride for my country that gave me.

This will sound strong but it's how I feel...if you don't love Canada then move somewhere else.

To the principal and anyone else who gives in to tiny factions in the mistaken opinion that it's the right thing to do...wake the hell up and realize you're giving your country away!

No comments: