Sunday, March 08, 2009

The Luau

Every March we have our luau party, sort of a goodbye to the winter season. Actually, we're having another goodbye but that's later in the month. The luau last night was the biggest success ever and it's all due to the incredibly hard work of a small group of people who have been instrumental in preparing a lot of our special days this winter. Most of those particular people will not be back next year but new ones have stepped forth and volunteered to take on the job.

For a $7.50 ticket we had the hall decorated in a Hawaiian theme, were served pina coladas either with or without alcohol, had a lovely ham dinner complete with dessert, were entertained by a lady who sang and joked with the crowd, danced to terrific music, and got to have 5 hours of darned good fun. The crew who decorated, cooked, and served also did the cleanup. I love this park!

Nothing goes on too late here, though, and I was home by 10:30 P.M. It had been a long and busy day for me...yardsaleing and then the pool...so I didn't mind the party breaking up early. This is the life, and I wish it could go on forever but the winter is almost over and it will soon be time to face the reality of the world outside our retirement community.

But that's still 5 weeks away so I'm going to enjoy this as long as I can.



No comments: