Sunday, March 15, 2009

Overdone

I knew I had to be careful about what I bought in Florida to take home this year because Anna and Lisa are coming down to have a little vacation and then drive back with me. There is only so much room in my little Honda and every year I have to burden friends to take stuff back for me. I was careful until a few weeks ago.

First I bought 6 huge wooden masks for my backyard fence. Then I bought a huge load of baby clothes for my upcoming greatgrandson. I was expressing my worry about car space last week to some people and a friend took pity on me and offered to take them home in her trailer. I honestly wasn't talking to drum up a taker but her offer was instantly accepted.

Then I did something even worse. I bought an EZ-UP tent. I'm not sure it will even fit in my car once I'm home but I'll worry about that later. Anyway, I wrapped my arms around Norma and begged her to consider taking it home, too (she and Charlie live about 20 minutes from me back home). Her eyes glazed over and the smile froze on her face but she said they'd take it if it was less than 6' long. Bless her, it is.

If I keep this up I'm going to lose a lot of friends in March of every year because they'll be afraid to come near me. I think I'm finished buying now, though.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Are you planning on taking up "camping" as a new hobby?

patsyrose said...

The thing I bought is for shade only. I'll use it (with your help) when I sell my jewellery at the Mohawk yard sale in September. It takes 2 people to raise or lower it so get ready!