Friday, March 13, 2009

Vegas Day

Every March we have a day of Vegas like gambling in the clubhouse but with play money. There are always plenty of poker tables but we also have the color wheel, a horse race game, darts, and a boring game called "over and under" where you bet whether the throw of the dice will be either over or under 7. I prefer the horse race game over all.

At 5 P.M. we were served a humungous portion of excellent beef stew and then were entertained by an auction. The co-ordinators of Vegas Day either buy or find donations of items that are auctioned off after dinner. We purchase with our play money so the amounts bid for each item can reach $50,000. To obtain funds like that you have to have good friends who will donate their play money to your pile.

The only thing I wanted was a group of frog light reflectors to put in my garden. They had a lot of them so I thought I might have a chance with my piddly $4,000 but ended up pooling my friends' money to pay the $12,000 price tag.

It was a lovely warm evening when all the festivities were over so a group of us went over to the pool with drinks in hand. Only one went in swimming but we sat and gabbed for an hour or so.

No question...another wonderful day in paradise.

Note: The people who donated the frog light reflectors told me they found them in the dumpster behind Dollarama. $12,000!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I'm not sure you know how very happy it makes me to hear how very happy your life is there!!! Besitos and lots of love!

patsyrose said...

I mainly write this blog to show the younger generation that growing old doesn't have to mean growing dull, lonely, or unhappy.

I am truly blessed at this time in my life and I'm thankful for every day I'm allowed.