Monday, March 30, 2009

Overtrained

I was at Publix grocery store the other day and as I was checking out the young male cashier said, "And how was your shopping experience today?".

How was my shopping experience?

Some numbnut vice president of the company has probably forced this poor man to ask that asinine question stupidly thinking that I, the shopper, would be impressed in some way. I couldn't help but reply, "It was an experience I'll never forget".

The cashier, never missing a beat, replied, "I bet it was earth shattering".

I hope the dumb vice president gets demoted. And I hope the cashier gets his job.

2 comments:

Kojac67 said...

It sounds like the one we get at the grocery store and Walmart. "Did you find everything today." Well yes or I wouldn't be checking out.

patsyrose said...

It's almost as bad as being referred to as "young lady". Is there a senior lady in the whole world who is flattered by that???