Sunday, March 29, 2009

Saying Goodbyes

It's that time of year again when so many of the people I hang out with or just see daily are packing up and leaving for their real homes. Usually I feel a deep sense of loss as I see the park empty out but this year is a little different for me.

I always have lots of chores and activities to do when I get home myself but this year I have a greatgrandbaby to look forward to. Little no-name will arrive in July. When I arrive back home around April 20th, I'll still have a few months to join in the joyful wait.

Last night we played "31" at the clubhouse expecting few at our table because some had gone home and 2 had gone to the airport to pick up a relative but 2 others joined us and we had a full table again. We have a large circle of friends here who all get along very well and we float between groups (not cliques) with ease and comfort. This is the way it should be and why I love it here so very much.

Each day it will become quieter and emptier in the park but a lot of us will come together again this summer at our park reunion in Ohio. We'll have 4 days to reacquaint, talk about winter 2008/2009, and make plans for winter 2009/2010. Many of us have become as close as family over the past years because we spend so much time together.

I've enjoyed this winter immensely and it's hard to see it end but there are wonderful things back home, too. There's more family and friends and also little no-name. I'm looking forward to it all.

No comments: