Tuesday, April 07, 2009

65 Degrees and I'm Cold

It only got up to around 65 degrees today and the wind was horribly strong. It began to feel like winter to me so I bundled up on the sofa and slept half the afternoon away, just as I'd do back home when we had a blizzard. It's so silly because I would be thrilled to have 65 degree weather back home in April but here it feels different somehow.

Sylvia, Joann, and I went over to the clubhouse and played both "31" and Rummicubes tonight. We had a lot of fun as usual but soon it will only be me and Joann unless some of the others join us because Sylvia leaves for home on Thursday. I'm really going to miss our card nights because we enjoy ourselves so much and laugh over the silliest things. We all agree that life in the real world of our main homes in the north is dreary compared to what we do here. I guess our play time has to come to an end sometime, though.

It's 9:30 P.M. and Anna and Lisa are still at Disney and I'm still dogsitting. Rusty is a miniature poodle and one of the sweetest, gentlest dogs I've ever seen. He's no trouble at all and gives me a chance to talk to myself while pretending I'm talking to him. You can tell he misses his real Mommy and Daddy (Ron & Gerry) because he keeps going to the door and looking toward his own house. He's nice company but I'm definitely not getting a dog of my own.

Well, it's time to turn off the computer and watch a little T.V. I wish there was a program so good that I'd make it a point to watch it but, since T.V. is only a short term option for me, none are that good.

No comments: