Monday, April 20, 2009

Is It Just Me?

Yesterday I met my sister at the mall for coffee and then we did a bit of shopping...me because I needed a jacket and her because she needed to shop. Our last stop was in Sears and I discovered all over again why I totally hate shopping at Sears in Canada. The store is way overstocked and crowded and they've moved departments so many times that I can't find anything.

I did find a nice jacket, though, and then couldn't find a checkout. What the hell?? How can a store like Sears make it difficult for a customer to find somewhere to pay for merchandise? I finally asked a saleslady in the perfume section and she said I could pay for my jacket at one of their counters. Okay.

I walked over to a counter where there was one saleslady waiting on a customer and another watching her. The watcher ignored me so I thought maybe she was just new on the job and not allowed to handle customers yet. I was giving the dope the benefit of the doubt.

After standing patiently for a few minutes and directly in front of the watcher, I decided to ask her if she could ring in my sale. "Sure", she said, dragging herself out of the bored stupor she'd been in. Who trains these people? And more, who allows them to keep their jobs?

Today I phoned PayPal (it really and truly was PayPal) because I was having trouble getting Ebay and PayPal to accept my Canadian postal code. The man who "helped" me first asked if I was calling about a gas card! After recovering from that shock, I explained again about the postal code problem and he then told me I should contact Canada Post and get them to give me a postal code PayPal could accept. Who the hell was I talking to??

Is it just me or is it the world that's crazy? Sometimes it makes me tired.

No comments: