Friday, April 03, 2009

Michelle Hugs Liz

So Michelle Obama gave an extra little affectionate hug to Queen Elizabeth and the whole stuffy world of protocol and politics goes berserk. How very sad that politicians have to follow such rigid rules that a genuine and innocent show of affection should make the headlines.

I like the Obamas so much that they might just draw me back to the voting booth. If they are as good as they appear then maybe we just might have a politician or two in Canada that is honest and has the public's interests at heart. I don't know, though, because that's very difficult to accept.

When it comes to presidents or premiers, I usually like the accompanying wife better than the main figure but with the Obamas I like them both. I'm too old to make another u-turn in how I view politicians so I hope these two are the genuine article. If I lose faith again it will be permanent.

No comments: