Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Letter to my MPP

Dear Ms. Aggelonitis:

I have rarely taken the measure of writing my MPP but now I'm angry enough to do it. You must be aware of the native protest march in Hamilton which disrupted citizens attempting to get to work. Their protest was known to the Hamilton police department the day before and still allowed to be carried out.

If 12 non natives had pulled this stunt they would all have been stopped and arrested but it's blatantly apparent that natives have the right to do anything they choose, even if it means closing or blocking major highways.

My question to you is why are natives allowed this special treatment? Why are they allowed to take over private property, damage public property, and disrupt the lives of the vast majority of Canadian citizens?

I understand that they have land claims in various areas of the country but why does that give them the right to break our laws?

I am one angry citizen but you'd better believe I am only one of many. Please take the time to answer my question because it will be reprinted in my blog.

Thank you,

.....And then I signed my name which I don't do on the blog! Now to see if the person elected to represent me will respond to my letter.

No comments: