Monday, June 15, 2009

Pat's 70th Birthday Party

I attended a surprise 70th birthday party for Pat (not me) on Saturday and it was another wonderful gathering of friends and family that was so much fun. Pat is the wife of my brother-in-law's brother...I love the way these relatives become connected in such convoluted ways!

A lot of these seniors are quite religious and regular church goers but don't ever think that makes them goody two shoes. I heard some pretty raunchy jokes but none in poor taste. One was that God had unfairly given man both a penis and a brain but not enough blood flow for both at the same time. Funny as heck but true!

Sunday was coffee with my sister, Sharon, and another few hours of laughter and good time. Then to Kim's for her regular Sunday dinner. Nick's wife, Natsha, is in her last few weeks of pregnancy and was too tired to attend. She looks so wonderful and healthy but pregnancy is a demanding and tiring job so it's understandable she needs more rest now.

Before I left Kim's, I dug up a gorgeous hosta (with her permission) and took it home and transplanted it in the space left by the daisies I'd pulled out. I love my garden.

Unfortunately, all the weekend's activity didn't help with my sleep because I was awake almost all night long and to the point of feeling sick. I hate to take sleeping aids but I may have to see my doctor about this because it is becoming a too much of a problem.

This morning I weeded the flower beds...I do this thoroughly maybe once a month throughout the summer and it does keep the weeds in check. Today is a free day and I'm just going to lounge out in the backyard and admire my freshly weeded garden.

No comments: