Thursday, June 18, 2009

Remember Trolls?

I've always loved those cute little troll dolls and I think it's because they are so ugly but sweet. In fairy tales, trolls are always ugly and mean but these dolls aren't like that at all.

My sweet young neighbor, Lisa, knows how much I love these things and she was nice enough to bring this one to me. Lisa is only 28 years old but she's saved all her childhood collections of various treasures such as the trolls and even McDonald's giveaways. Since her parent's basement flooded in April, she's gradually discarding her collection and I'm the happy recipient of little "Jay". Jay is dressed in a Blue Jays baseball uniform with "1992 World Series" stamped on it's back. Normally this would make it a perfect item to sell on Ebay but I don't sell gifts. Besides, I love having this little guy sitting above the computer and it makes me smile every time I look at him.

My friend, Joann, brings me Furbys when I'm in Florida and I love them, too. Maybe these little dolls are taking the place of collections I never started when I was a child! For whatever reason, they make me smile and that's the only reason needed to keep them close by.


No comments: