Friday, July 10, 2009

He's Here and He's Mine

Nolan Dennis arrived this morning by C-section at 8:34 A.M., weighing in at 7 lbs. 11 oz. He's gorgeous, alert, soft, and he will always have a special place in my heart because he's my first greatgrandbaby. He has the most beautiful complexion and dark curly hair...I'm in love.

We discussed what he could call me and it's been decided that Grammama is my new title because that's what Matt called his great grandmother. I like it.

Nolan was welcomed into the world by a whole host of relatives. Daddy Nick was Joe Cool through the whole procedure, Natasha was very brave, Kim was a weepy fool, Matt was happy as a clam, Dianne (Natasha's mother) was nervous and talked a lot, Cindy's face was a picture of love, Aeron was her usual smiley self. I was filled with happiness for my number one grandson and his initiation into fatherhood. He will make an excellent father.

The new parents were very kind and patient with all of us and allowed us to take our time cuddling with Nolan. I could have spent the rest of the day just gazing at the baby's face and watching the myriad faces he made and wondering what he was thinking as he gazed around the room. Nick handles him like he's made of glass but that won't last. He'll soon discover that babies are amazingly resilient.

Our family has just increased by one and we're ever so happy that Nolan is a healthy and beautiful child. He's a lucky little boy to have joined our large and loving family and we're lucky to have him. I know I'm going to have to share him and I'm working on being polite about it.

1 comment:

Kim said...

guess what, your blog made me cry...again :)