Sunday, August 30, 2009

More on Politically Incorrect Words

Apparently it isn't only Ireland that feels threatened by common words but also my little old city right here in Canada. I was driving along yesterday and saw a barrier around what we used to call a "manhole". There was a sign that warned people to use caution because the "hole" was open.

I can just see words like manhole, mankind, manners, manikin, and even human, being deleted from our language because some government bureaucrat has made the momentous decision that they threaten the equality of women. Be prepared.

Just a thought, but I've never once in my life seen a woman climb in or out of a manhole and maybe that's why it is called a "manhole".

1 comment:

me said...

Hiya

I love your blog page.

Seems that you are singing from the same hymn sheet as me lol.

You can check me out (if you would like to), on:
www.no-nonsense-dawn.com