Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sharon's Afghan


I finally finished Sharon's Swedish weaving afghan and it's huge...picture 2 shows only 1/4 of the full size. The color is more peach and salmon than the pink tones shown in the pictures, too. I've been working on this off and on since I got home in April so it's nice to have it finished in time for the cool weather of autumn.
My next project is a tablecloth for myself. I spent ages trying to get the fabric squared but I think I'll have to do some more tweaking before it's ready. The fabric color is pale beige and I'd planned to use my favorite golden beige yarn but there isn't enough so I'll use what I have and weave in some soft green along with it.
Sharon's afghan consisted of about 2 1/2 yards of fabric but the tablecloth will be approximately 1 1/4 yards, much less fabric to wrestle with while I'm weaving the yarn through it. This will be an easy project to play around with for the next 2 months.

No comments: