Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Nice Day

Yesterday Faye, Donna, and Mary came for lunch and then to do some Swedish weaving. Mary isn't into crafts so she just participated in the yakking and laughing we did a lot of, as usual. I love these people.

The topics of conversation were so varied and I wondered what the younger generation would have thought four old gals would yak about all afternoon. I bet they would have been shocked at the X-rated content of some of the subjects.

The lives of the four of us have been entwined for many, many years so we have lots in common but there are still surprises that come out in conversation. All of us are at the stage where we forget our words at times and Mary jokingly said that it takes all of us together to finish a sentence. True.

Faye is making a Swedish weaving afghan to send over to her daughter-in-law's relatives in Ireland...it has to be finished in 1 1/2 weeks so she worked a little more diligently than Donna and I. Donna just learned to do the weaving a few weeks ago and she's doing wonderfully with it. She's almost finished making 2 dresser toppers for her daughter's bedroom. I, the teacher, managed to screw up the pattern on my own afghan and now I have to create a new pattern to finish it. Every single time I use this pattern I mess it up by not following it correctly so maybe it's time I stopped trying to do it at all.

As we said our goodbyes with plans to meet again next week, I felt very blessed to have spent such a nice day with people who bring such happiness to my life.





No comments: