Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Florida is Hot

Okay, I have no right to complain about the heat when not too long ago I was squawking about the cold. But it's hot AND humid here. I've got a garden around my trailer that is 3 feet overgrown with weeds and they look terrible. Hot or not, I had to bite the bullet and start weeding today.

It was kind of nice, though, because I was constantly interrupted by old friends stopping by. I can't stress enough how terrific these people are and how much happiness they bring to my life.

We've had a bit of rain at night so, with the temperatures in the 90's, that makes for humid days. My garden is slowly cleaning up and tomorrow I start planting the geraniums I brought down. Some geraniums and even impatiens from last year are still alive...spindly, but fully capable of lush renewal.

I haven't cleaned the Florida room yet because, in my opinion, the garden comes first. Once weeds are pulled, flowers planted, and grass (weeds) mown, then I'll do the small bit of cleaning needed in the Florida room. This has always been my routine and it works for me.

Tomorrow is Bingo, too. My closest buddies haven't arrived yet but there's never any shortage of friendly people to sit with. Wish me luck!

No comments: