Thursday, October 29, 2009

Next Year I'm Hiring More Help

One of the ladies came by today and asked who I'd hired to do the weeding and cleaning outside. "I did it myself.", I said but she looked dubious because I really have accomplished a lot in just a couple of days. I'm actually a lazy person but I'm also an impatient person so that's why I was able to get a lot done in a short period of time. My sore body tells me that maybe I should hire someone to at least weed and cut the grass next year, though. My excuse is that old people deserve all the help they can get.

On top of all the yard work, I even listed 17 items on Ebay (2 already have bids) so I'm kind of impressed with my ability to get things done. Listing on Ebay might not sound like much but I'm on AOL dial-up here and the slowness is nerve wracking. I have to adopt a special attitude so I don't tear my hair out waiting for a page to load.

This will be the last year that I have a lot of things to list on Ebay because I don't have my flea market to raid for merchandise. I've got a lot of Nascar programs that I bought last year but have no idea how to list them...I'll have to do research first to understand what it is that I have.

The couple I hired to clean the inside of the trailer and powerwash the outside did a great job so I'll get a price from them for doing the bit of gardening for next year. It can't be much and it might help me extend my lifespan.

The park looks so good since the new owners took over and our lot rent increase for the year will only be $15 per month. That's better than the $45 increase we'd all feared. This will make the difference between many people having to sell their trailers or being able to enjoy the Florida winter.

My close buddies haven't arrived yet but lots of casual friends have been dropping by. They're a friendly bunch here. One couple strolled by hand in hand as they usually do. The husband had serious heart trouble 2 years ago and we were all amazed that he recovered enough to make it down here last winter. Now here he is this year, looking healthy and happy. Life is full of surprises, many of them very pleasant ones.

The weather has been bad...way too hot and terribly humid so that made my outside work even more difficult. Apparently we're suffering record breaking high temperatures for this time of year but next week looks perfect...low to mid 80's. That's worth coming to Florida!

I miss a lot of people, though, especially my new greatgrandson because he'll have changed so much by the time I get back home in April. It's selfish of me to think only of myself by wintering so far away from home but they know I'd race back home if I was really needed there. In the meantime, I'm so very happy to be here in the warmth but it could be just a bit cooler, please.





No comments: