Friday, October 30, 2009

Oh, Florida

Florida is unique. It's one of the only places in the world that we old folk can go shopping at Walmart and find the majority of the shoppers are older than ourselves.

It also seems as though a large percentage of the cars on the road have collision damage. That could be because of the visiting seniors or the many drunken drivers. I followed one up the road this morning who was weaving back and forth from the shoulder and over the center line...too bad I don't have a cell phone or I would have reported him/her.

There are a lot of Spanish people in Florida so you see lots of the most beautiful tans. You also see lots of 20+ year old cars because they don't have road salt to rust them. These old cars are huge and I have no idea how anyone can put them into a parking spot.

I love Florida and have been coming here to the same place for 11 years now so it feels like another home to me. Prices for most items...clothing, linens, gas...are cheaper than back home, even with our slightly devalued dollar.

It's still too hot for comfort because of the humidity but that's supposed to end in a few days. Then it will be mainly a winter of sun and warmth. I'm a lucky lady.



No comments: