Sunday, November 01, 2009

Hard Time Acclimatizing

I don't know why but I'm having a difficult time getting used to Florida weather this year. It was unbelievably hot and humid when I arrived and it was in that weather that I weeded and cleaned the yard so maybe I overdid it. In any case, I can't stand being out in the heat and sunshine for long right now.

This morning I went out for breakfast with a couple of friends and then we hit Walmart and Target for a short shopping trip. I had almost zero interest in going to these stores but still bought a few things. Where has my shopping zeal gone??

When we got back to the park I sat out on the patio reading for a while but, again, the heat finally drove me back inside the trailer. The humidity is much less and the temps have dropped to 89 degrees today but tomorrow or Tuesday we should begin to have excellent Florida weather in the low 80's. If I can't tolerate that then I'll begin to worry about myself.

Usually on Sunday evenings we have an ice cream social but the people who run it won't arrive until Tuesday so no ice cream tonight! My favorite show "Cops" will be on for 2 hours tonight so I guess I'll just settle my butt on the sofa for the evening.

I really think I worked too hard in terrible heat the first few days I got here and that's what's bothering me. I came here for a rest and I'm determined to do just that...after I get everything settled in my little Florida home, of course, but now I'll do it at a more leisurely pace.

No comments: