Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mixed Signals

So yesterday the workers were supposed to come and waterproof the side of the house but, did they? No. Someone neglected to have the airconditioning people come to move the airconditioner away from the wall so, when the diggers showed up at 4 P.M. (yes, 4 P.M.), they couldn't start work.

I'm used to delays and difficulty finding people to do work around this house but this time it's a little worrisome because I'm leaving for Florida on Sunday. I'd like to make sure the work is finished and checked before I leave otherwise I'll have to put the burden on Kim to take care of things and I hate to do that.

Of course we also have more rain on the horizon, Thursday through Monday, so nature isn't giving me a break, either. I guess I'll just have to be thankful that the roof is done. I don't mind delays too much but I really don't like it when time starts to run out because that's when I start to panic.

It's a beautiful sunny fall morning and I've left a message with Basement Technologies to call me back about when they'll start work. They have about one hour before I'm gone for the day. Hmmm!

Update: They called back and said the air conditioner would be disconnected late this afternoon and the waterproofing would be done Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. We'll see.




No comments: