Friday, October 23, 2009

Not Happy

At 9 A.M. I phoned Basement Technologies and asked if anyone was coming to waterproof my basement today. A lady called back shortly after and promised they'd be here on Monday. I told her, "Sorry, I'm leaving on Sunday so can I have my refund back?". She said to just leave it with her and she'd see if someone could do the job today. Hmmm!

I contracted with Basement Technologies back near the end of September and they promised the job would be done on October 19th. They knew I was leaving on the 25th and promised faithfully that I had no worry. Well, it's now the 23rd and I have worry.

I understand delays. I don't understand delays over 2 days. This makes me feel that a company is not planning their business well.

We'll see.

Update: BT phoned back and said they were sending someone to work within the hour. 3 hours later I phoned them back saying no-one had come and was promised they were on their way. I told them that if no-one was here by 2 P.M. I was coming down to their office for my down payment refund. Andy, cute as a bug's ear, showed up at 1:30 and started work, promising the fill-in would be done Saturday morning. I told him sweetly that if the work wasn't completed by tomorrow I was going to hunt him down. Needless to say, no further payment would be made until the work was done and, if it wasn't finished tomorrow, they could damn well wait until spring for their money.

We'll see.

No comments: