Monday, November 23, 2009

Fat & Fat

My greatgrandson, Nolan, has tree trunk fat legs and lots of cellulite and it looks fabulous on him. I have tree trunk fat legs and lots of cellulite and it looks icky on me. Why, I ask?

In my teens I was a slim little thing and always felt terribly skinny...I guess we're never happy with our image. But, between skinny and fat, there must have been a time when I was perfect and I completely missed it! I have no memory of ever being perfect. Why are we so hard on ourselves?

It's true that I'm not very body conscious these days but that must come with age. I've become such a fatalist and feel that people just have to take me as I am and that's probably a healthy attitude. I have lots of friends so I must be on the right track somehow. Of course, there's no man in my life but I'm quite happy with that.

It's very disconcerting to watch many celebrity women age so gracelessly. Boob jobs, face lifts, tummy tucks and butt lifts help for a short while but soon the women begin to look like aliens. It's no secret that the world favors the young and it must be very difficult for beautiful women to let it go. Not ever having been a celebrity myself, it really wasn't hard for me to see the wrinkles and grey hair emerge. Maybe I've always had the attitude that what you see is what you get, like it or not.

I'm just curious about that fat and cellulite, though.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I LOVE his fat little legs. As soon as I can I strip off his pants just so I can bite him and kiss him...somehow I don't have that same urge with you LOL

patsyrose said...

Thank you, thank you very much!