Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Clearing Clutter

My trailer is 34' long with a 20'x 10' Florida room so there's no room for clutter. But I sell on Ebay and need to store stock and packaging plus I love my crafts and need room for them, too.

The other day I began to purge really unnecessary things, mainly crafts I'd never get around to doing and it's made a visual difference. There's so much more I can remove and it will be done shortly but it's already looking airier.

I brought down 5 boxloads of items to sell on Ebay and have already shrunk that volume down to 3 boxes by selling it off. It's pretty cluttered around my computer with things I'm selling but I've made the decision to take unsold items to the Salvation Army so, by the end of the winter, there shouldn't be much of any stock left in this trailer.

I've been watching "hoarders" on T.V. and I don't believe I ever got to that point but I did have a lot of stuff...you know, stuff we think we'll need one day so we hang on to it way too long. It's true that it's hard to part with some things because of an emotional or economical attachment but I found it empowering when I cleared my house of flea market stock last summer. There seems to be more air to breathe!

My sister-in-law, Faye, used to look at the masses of flea market stock I had stored in my basement at home and say, "I hope I die first so I don't have to help clear this mess up". Well, hopefully I cleared enough up last summer so we can both live to a ripe old age and not have to worry.

I'm neat and sort of organized so I do keep my clutter in it's place but any huge volume of goods is still too much for small spaces. I've gotten myself into the frame of mind that purging is euphoric so let's hope I don't go too far and start throwing out the necessary stuff. I've got a long way to go before that happens, though.




1 comment:

Kim said...

Good job Momma :)