Friday, November 27, 2009

Cindy's 50!

Today is my #2 daughter's (Cindy) 50th birthday. It really does seem like a million years ago that I gave birth to her. We do pack a lot of living into 50 years, don't we?

Cindy's birth was a hard one because the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck. No-one told me this until after, though, that both of our lives were in danger because of this. Those were the days when they told you nothing and wouldn't allow your husband to stay with you during labor.

Cindy was a beautiful baby...Faye said she looked like an Eskimo but she did not! She weighed 9 lbs. 7 1/2 oz at birth and had a nice head of black hair. She was a good baby, too, and seldom cried.

I can tell you that I still see ghosts of that tiny baby when I look at Cindy now...the vision seems to stay with a mother forever. She's still beautiful today and doesn't look 50 but, in my eyes, she'll always be a sweet and loving little girl.

Happy birthday, my girl!

No comments: