Thursday, December 10, 2009

December Gardening in Florida


This is my little Florida home away from home. The garden is really a lot more colorful than my pictures show but you get the idea.

I stick mainly with geraniums and impatiens because they don't require much care. Most of the impatiens survived the Florida summer and just needed to be pruned but most of the geraniums were brought from home. I do have geraniums here that have survived a few Florida summers, though.

The soil is mainly sand so I buy bags of topsoil and replenish the pots regularly. The plants in the ground need to be hardy enough to survive despite no care on my part.

I love lots of color in my garden and it's so pleasurable to be able to do it all year round.

2 comments:

bluebird of paradise said...

I am looking out my window at nothing but a white wall, feeling that I can't do winter anymore. I want to be there!

patsyrose said...

Is there some way you can winter down south? I dread the day I can't come down here for at least 3 months of the winter.