Thursday, December 31, 2009

Weighted Down

I'd already decided that I had to start being more careful about what I'm eating but last evening made me really take notice. I wore a pair of pants that were tight on me when I got here but last night they actually hurt. I was playing Bingo and very uncomfortable but when I tried to put my finger inside the waistband to move it a bit my finger wouldn't even fit in. In the realm of bad signs this was super neon. I really have to lose some weight.

This morning was the one I set aside to do Swedish weaving and my first guest was a new lady, Toni, who wants to learn...very nice. My next guest was one who showed up 40+ lbs. slimmer this year and looks terrific. My third guest was the other lady who dropped a similar amount and looks terrific.

We talked about everything under the sun and it got around to weight loss. The 2 slimmies decided to hold a class every week here in the clubhouse where we'll weigh in and support each other. Chris will also teach us how to meditate. I am thrilled to death with this new development.

We had a group here like this once before but some disgruntled idiot threatened to report our leader to Weight Watchers and she disbanded the group. I'm hoping Candy and Chris are tougher people who won't back down to idiots like that. Both of them have a goal to lose another 20 lbs. this winter so they'll be an inspiration to the rest of us. I'm not going to count pounds, just degree of comfort in my clothes.

Tonight I'm going out for a steak dinner...I'll have a baked potato and no dessert. Then it's on to our New Year's eve party where I'll drink Diet Coke and not munch. Every little bit helps.


1 comment:

bluebird of paradise said...

My new years resolution was to seek pleasure and to do away with negatives!