Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Soooo Cold!!!

I have never experienced more than a 1 or 2 day in a row freeze here in Florida but this one might be lasting more than a week. I covered all my plants last Saturday and we're told it might be next Tuesday before the threat of freezing weather is gone. I'm wondering how long my plants can be denied sunshine before they die.

People who are just arriving from the north say it's bitter cold up there, too, so we're not alone. It's at times like this that I deeply disbelieve all the scare talk of global warming. Last year we had the rainiest summer in my memory with very little in hot weather so where is the warming??

Last evening we had 8 people around the Rummoli table and, among all the talk and laughter, we were able to forget the cold weather. Warm hearts, warm people...who cares about the cold?

1 comment:

bluebird of paradise said...

i hope it's warm by April 1st!