Saturday, February 20, 2010

Company's Coming!

Joyce and Larry, my sister-in-law and brother-in-law, should arrive here tomorrow for a 2 week vacation and I'm hoping against hope that my damn cold will be at least almost gone. We've got so much planned for the next few weeks, what with the Bailey family mini reunion plus all the various places I want to take Joyce, that I can't be spreading germs. There are too many older people that might not survive it. I'm willing myself healthy.

Joyce and Larry don't like to travel very much except to the east coast but they came down to spend Xmas with me the first year Dennis passed away. That was a kindness I'll always remember. This year is their first trip down here since then and I want it to be a good one for them. Joyce loves to shop so there will be no shortage of great places to take her. Keeping Larry from being bored will be the biggest challenge but I have a chore for him...streamlining my toolshed. I don't even know what's in there and only use a small number of items so I'm sure he can make it nice and roomy for me. The only problem is that job won't take 2 weeks to do so we'll have to find other ways to amuse him.

I dusted and polished the furniture today and vacuumed but there's lots more that could be done that I have no strength to worry about. The grass (weeds) could be trimmed but I'm not up to that. I do have to go grocery shopping but that won't take long and then I'll nap. Sleeping a cold away is the smart thing to do.

Millie brought me over some Neo Citran this morning and I'll take that tonight. Faye has been running errands for me, too. It's nice to have people care about you when you're under the weather.

I'm staying away from cards and games nights so that I don't infect my buddies and anyone who visits has to keep their distance. I feel like a leper.

Anyway, tomorrow I will be well.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I hope you get better real quick so you can enjoy every single minute of fun :) Please send my love to all!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim said...

Love is not the philanthropy, cannot execute casually (thought I would translate for you :))

Valerie-in-mid-life said...

Auntie Pat must be better and the gang must be having a wild time. Why else haven't we heard from Patsyrose since Saturday???