Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Eating Sensibly...-9

I've been kind of lax this week as far as eating sensibly but the one thing that just might have saved me is the fact that I have a darned canker sore on the back of my tongue. It's painful to eat so I haven't been eating in restaurants as often as usual.

I'm using David's canker sore remedy...a swish of peroxide followed by a swish of cleansing water. It really does help and the sore is slowly diminishing. I hope my appetite doesn't come back too strongly once it's gone.

It's still terribly cold out for Florida so I'm spending a lot of time sitting on my butt and Swedish weaving the runners for Shelley's Georgia bedroom furniture. In my estimation they are gorgeous! I'll post a picture when they're finished.

I've also been a little lax in writing down everything I eat and that's not good. It's as important to record your food intake as it is to weigh in weekly. The good news is that I haven't given up my quest. For me, giving up usually occurs within the first couple of weeks. I think my ability to keep with the program is that I'm not counting calories or fats but just trying to eat sensibly. I have a brain and I'm making every effort to use it.

Friday morning I'll weigh in with our weight loss group so then I'll have a better idea how successful my week was.





No comments: