Monday, February 01, 2010

Eating Sensibly

I felt that I failed miserably on my "eating sensibly" plan today. Looking back on the possible calorie intake, it wasn't so bad but there was a loss of control that made me angry with myself. I had a meat/protein craving and ate way too much meat but it could have been worse.

I don't usually eat much meat at all and it's possible that the craving today came from my body trying to regain the 9 pounds I've lost. It's probably feeling starved even though my meals are quite sufficient. There are more things than just the mind that make it difficult to lose weight. There are physioligical reactions to a sudden decline in calories but they can be overcome in time. The trick is to not accept failure and not give up when your body is fighting your attempts to lose weight.

My transgressions were at lunch and now I have no appetite for dinner but I'll go ahead and eat some fruit. One of the tricks to losing weight is to eat 5-6 small meals a day instead of 2-3 large ones. I'm more of a binge eater so eating many small meals is hard for me. Fruit is a good alternative, though, and one I don't mind at any time of the day.

I'm still fighting the good fight and I haven't given up.

No comments: