Friday, March 26, 2010

Eating Sensibly...-8

Okay, so I've gained back 2 of the 10 lbs. I lost over the last 2 months. It's not perfect but it's the equivalent of an 8 pound bag of potatoes that I haven't had hung from my frame so that's a good thing.

I believe that the accountability in facing my little weight loss group every Friday morning is the only thing that has kept me from "gaining" 8 pounds in the last 2 months. I mentioned today how it's been years since I stepped on my home scale because I just couldn't face what I was doing to my body. It was always a traumatic experience when I was forced to be publicly weighed at the doctor's office and had to acknowledge my weight.

It's still difficult to face the truth but I'm determined to keep at it all summer when I'm home. What I'd like to do is have one morning a week when friends or family come over and weigh in on my scale. They can keep their own records so no-one, not even me, knows their weight. Our meeting purpose will be the weigh in and group encouragement. I'll keep my own records of everyone's loss or gain only.

If anyone reading this blog would like to join but do it from a distance, they have only to weigh themselves at their home and report their loss or gain to me. I don't think we need to remind any overweight person how to eat more sensibly because we all know exactly what we should or shouldn't eat. Being accountable on a weekly basis can only help us make better choices throughout the week.

I'm not happy that I gained back those darned 2 pounds but I'm able to feel happy about the 8 pounds that are gone. I'll keep on trying.

No comments: