Sunday, March 28, 2010

Things You Don't Expect To See

I know when I cross the border into the States that I'm now in a country where there are millions of guns in the hands of possibly unstable people, some legal but some illegal. I never expected to see a bullet ridden car casually parked at Publix, though.

Faye and I went shopping last Friday and made Publix our last stop because we didn't want our groceries to get too warm. We pulled into a parking spot and, as I was exiting the car, I came face to face with a bullet ridden car parked right beside us.

At first I thought it was imitation bullet holes that a few dimwits like to stick onto their vehicles but then I realized I could see through the holes! It was an ordinary looking car in pretty good condition other than the right rear fender with the bullet holes (maybe 20 of varying sizes) and some collision damage. I wanted so much to wait and see who was driving it but we didn't have time.

It's like living in the wild west!

No comments: