Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Facing Down the Bully

Remember the bullies in public school? Well, guess what they become when they get old...old bullies! They are easily recognizable because they push their weight around anywhere they can get away with it. They are as unpopular with the senior crowd as they they were with the children. They never change because there is something lacking in their personality.

I won't mention the incidents that led up to this showdown but they weren't aimed at me personally. I'm just mad as hell and thought the bully needed to have a few things pointed out to him. And I did it with tact but brutal honesty.

It's my firm belief that no-one should back down from a bully except when physical harm is a possibility. He wasn't about to harm me but I expected rudeness. It didn't happen, just a whiny complaint that everyone thinks he's an asshole even when he's in the right. What can I say...that's his reputation!

He's holding his ground on the poor decisions he's made and my aim was not to change his decision but just to make him realize it's only damaged his reputation more. This very stupid man makes more enemies because of his antagonistic behaviour every single year and can't understand why.

Well, today I told him why but I doubt very much it will make any difference. He left feeling sorry for himself but still determined to be the asshole he is.

No comments: