Wednesday, March 10, 2010

If It's Wednesday (or Friday), It Must Be Bingo

Today is Wednesday and the first thing that comes to mind is that we have Bingo tonight. This is the only place I play Bingo because I know most of the winners and I know that all of the money taken in, after supplies, goes to the winners.

When I first came here in 1998, I thought that bingo chips were still in use and had never heard of dabbers. I also made the stupid suggestion that everyone at our table should share in whatever wins came our way. I'll never forget the cold and unbelieving stares that I got. Today I'd give the same reaction to a newbie who made such a dumb suggestion.

Our table is always full and usually with the same people but occasionally with someone new to the park. We can always make room. Presently, everyone at our table is a Canadian but it was never planned that way...it just evolved. For the most part, the ones at oir table are the ones we chum around with the most. We all have good American friends, too, and they occasionally join us but table acquisition is set very early in the year and most people sit with their best friends.

We cheer each other on and root for the one needing only 1 more number to win a game. We all have lucky charms to insure our success, too. Mine are a budha and an Eyore. The Eyore belonged to Lucy who passed away almost 4 years ago and I think of her fondly every Bingo night.

We're getting one of our rare sunny and warm winter days today and I'm going to the pool to soak up some sun. It's been an odd winter for Florida, full of cool or rainy days, but today it's perfect. And then tonight it's Bingo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.