Monday, April 19, 2010

Taking a Break

I got home yesterday about 5 P.M. and began unloading the car and, believe me, it was a daunting task. I always hate coming home to a nice neat house and filling it up with bag after bag after bag of stuff I've brough home from Florida. Every single thing I brought home was an absolute necessity...maybe.

I phoned Kim to let her know I was home and she insisted I come over and see Nolan. It didn't take much pressure because I've been so anxious to see him again. A very important part of my precious family met me at the door...Nick, Natasha, Matt, and Kim holding little Nolan. It seemed as though the whole world disappeared from view and all I could see was this beautiful little boy who had grown from a 3 1/2 month old baby last October to a 9 1/4 month old gorgeous child beaming with a happy personality. He had on a t-shirt that blared "BIG BROTHER" and I turned to Natasha and asked, "Are you pregnant?". Yes, she was, and will deliver another little babe about mid December.

What a blessing it is to be part of this family and I'm so happy to still be around to see yet another child join us. Family is everything and I have it in abundance with blood relatives and in-laws. This new little baby will be joining a huge extended family. Lucky baby!

I slept like a baby last night, tired from driving, lugging bags into the house, and also the excitement of seeing Nolan and finding out a new baby is on the way. I got up at 6:30 and started sorting and putting away stuff and then I emptied the trunk of the car, too. Nice to have trunk space after so long...I'd begun filling the trunk in November as I bought things to bring home.

Various phone calls had to be made..the people who waterproofed the side of the house last fall damaged the gas meter; my car insurance went up too much so I arranged to lower it by lowering the mileage used; something got screwed up on my cable bill. Nothing earth shattering but there are always things to straighten out.

I also went through 6 months of mail and got all my income tax info together. I'm hoping for a refund this year!

Another phone call I'll need to make is to find out and thank which one of my neighbors cut my grass. Lisa and Anna came right over yesterday as I drove into the driveway and they helped me carry a lot of stuff into the house so I think it might be one of them. Steve had been in and lit the gas water heater, setting off the alarm system once again. Poor Isabel. I really do have the best neighbors in the world.

I still have a ton of monks cloth to cart down to the sewing room and I also have quite a bit of jewelry to sort out and price. Laundry needs to be started, too. Dusting can wait till tomorrow!

Now I think I'll start a fire in the firepot and burn all that junk mail...then I might drive on over to Wendy's for lunch. This afternoon will be for re-organizing.

No comments: